duplicatesuppression -- why?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 10 10:05:25 EST 2015

On 1/10/2015 5:51 AM, Robert Norris wrote:
> The major problem with it in my experience is that you might actually
> prefer the copy of the message that came through the list. For me that's
> usually because I wanted DKIM headers or similar.

The other problem is it involves adding computational infrastructure to
correct minor user-error behaviors, which (as a sometimes educator) I'm
opposed to philosophically.  The MUA I use (Thunderbird) even includes a
"Reply List" button to prevent this.  Thanks for that response.  It's
very clear to me that I *don't* want this feature.  FastMail is a
completely different use case, but I'm not sure I would turn it on
there, either.

So, presumably if I use

    duplicatesuppression: 0

Then the duplicate_db skiplist won't even be created in the first place?