Various errors from cyrus maintenance processes

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Oct 29 17:30:22 EDT 2014

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014, Boylan, Ross wrote:

> I've found at least a partial explanation: I forgot to mount the
> partition with /var/spool/cyrus.  I had installed cyrus onto the file
> system beneath the mount, but the mount was in effect when I created
> user.ross.* So it wasn't there to open.
>
> Does that explain the errors under /var/lib/cyrus as well (DBERROR:
> opening /var/lib/cyrus/tls_sessions.db: cyrusdb error)?  There was no
> mount on top of it.

tls_sessions.db may be created on demand, I forget.  I don't know if you
have SSL/TLS enabled on your host, but you could try making an SSL/TLS
connection.

> Both before an after the mount all files at and under /var/lib/cyrus and
> /var/spool/cyrus are owned by cyrus.
>
> Is there a way I can retrigger the jobs that caused the errors shown in the log?  Do I run them as root or cyrus?
> cryus.conf has
>      # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
>        delprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus expire -E 3" at=0401
>
>        # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
>        tlsprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus tls_prune" at=0401
> I'm guessing I run the commands in quotes.

Sure, just make sure you run them as user cyrus.  You could also see if
any errors are reported when you start Cyrus or when you make an IMAP
connection.

 	Andy