Various errors from cyrus maintenance processes

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Wed Oct 29 17:01:41 EDT 2014

I've found at least a partial explanation: I forgot to mount the partition with /var/spool/cyrus.  I had installed cyrus onto the file system beneath the mount, but the mount was in effect when I created user.ross.*  So it wasn't there to open.

Does that explain the errors under /var/lib/cyrus as well (DBERROR: opening /var/lib/cyrus/tls_sessions.db: cyrusdb error)?  There was no mount on top of it.

Both before an after the mount all files at and under /var/lib/cyrus and /var/spool/cyrus are owned by cyrus.

Is there a way I can retrigger the jobs that caused the errors shown in the log?  Do I run them as root or cyrus?
cryus.conf has
      # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
        delprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus expire -E 3" at=0401

        # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
        tlsprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus tls_prune" at=0401
I'm guessing I run the commands in quotes.

Ross

* In more detail I installed cyrus without the mount, shut it down (I think), cp -a the files in /var/spool/cyrus to the new partition, and then mounted that partition over /var/spool/cyrus.  I forgot to stop cyrus before performing the mount this  time, but I have subsequently stopped and restarted it.