Migrate cyrus 2.3.8 to 2.4.17

jayesh shinde jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Wed Oct 8 05:10:56 EDT 2014

Hi Giuseppe ,

I want to learn few points from your migration scenario.

Few days back I migrated my  32 bit cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-12.el5_7.2   to 64
bit cyrus-imapd-2.4.17-6.el6.x86_64 server
I faced the below problems , how you are handling the below points on 64
bit server  in your case ?

1) How do you  maintained the seen-unseen mail flags.
2) I came across duplicate email download issue in email client .
    When IP of 32bit server shifted to 64 bit server , then for those
client who have setup POP3 account with "leave copy on server" in email
clients for them emails got download again.

On 64 bit server there was no changes in  /etc/hosts and DNS A records
and /etc/resolve.conf , it was exactly same as 32 bit.

Request you to please share your comments / suggestion which need to
take care for above issues.

Regards
Jayesh Shinde