Database error

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Mon Jun 2 13:58:43 EDT 2014

Hi Wiel,

Am Montag, 2. Juni 2014, 16:44:14 schrieben Sie:
> I already suspected something like that. but I miss some more detailed
> info.
>
> Following plan A:
>
> How can I update DB data? What are the tools to use? What is the content of
> /var/imap/db anyway? Can it be disposed of and will it be regenerated
> automagically?
>
> Following plan B:
>
> How do I export and import the data. Is there a db_dump and db_import?
> At least, this route would allow me to make a judgement about the data.

Take a look at i.e.:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.12/install-upgrade.php

and/or:
http://www.banquise.org/software/how-to-recover-from-cyrus-when-you-have-some-db-errors/

make a "simple" skiplist file from your mailboxes index db file with the
cvt_cyrusdb tool - i.e. (fit the pathes!). I usually execute cyrus commands
under the cyrus user of that system (typically "cyrus") by sudo or "su cyrus":

/usr/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb /var/imap/mailboxes.db berkeley \
/var/imap/mailboxes.db.new skiplist

mv /var/imap/mailboxes.db.new /var/imap/mailboxes.db

This could be used independently from your DB version and is very handy if you
have to "rebuild" your mailbox database "from the ground" (backup).

A "hard" version is to delete the databases and let regenerate it new from
cyrus. Make shure that you have the mailbox index file (mailboxes.db as
skiplist and as a backup - and pls make a full backup of your /var/lib/cyrus
database directory structure):

-> STOP/KILL all cyrus processes
su - cyrus
cd /var/lib/cyrus
rm db/*
rm db.backup1/*
rm db.backup2/*
rm deliver.db
rm tls_sessions.db
-> START cyrus
reconstruct
or
cyrreconstruct -r user.*

(depending from under how name the reconstruct command is available)

cheerioh,

Niels.
 Niels Dettenbach
 Syndicat IT & Internet