Database error

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Mon Jun 2 10:44:14 EDT 2014

Hello Niels and cyrus-imap friends,

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 04:33:14PM +0200, Niels Dettenbach wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>

> Am Montag, 2. Juni 2014, 16:18:32 schrieb Willy Offermans:
> > Jun  2 16:01:01 donald lmtpunix[52339]: DBERROR: dbenv->open '/var/imap/db'
> > failed: BDB0091 DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch
> ...usually means that your DB data is for an older version.
>
> You have to:
>
>  - "update" your DB to the newer version or
>  - export the old databases to text / plain files and reimport it into the new
> one

I already suspected something like that. but I miss some more detailed info.

Following plan A:

How can I update DB data? What are the tools to use? What is the content of
/var/imap/db anyway? Can it be disposed of and will it be regenerated
automagically?

Following plan B:

How do I export and import the data. Is there a db_dump and db_import?
At least, this route would allow me to make a judgement about the data.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Wiel