murder system folders on different servers

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:55:40 EST 2014

I see in the documentation that it is better to leave trees of mailboxes on
the same server. I'm wondering if this is an absolute requirement and I
will experience problems if I do not follow this, or if it is more of a
housekeeping issue.

The reason I'm asking is that I would like to create an archive folder that
resides on a less available system where mail could be moved for long term
storage.

Will I have problems if I do this? If so, is there any other recommendation
to implement this sort of system?

Steve