Still getting SQUAT errors after adding squatter to events

Joshua Battles joshua.r.battles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:36:15 EST 2014

Hello,
I am maintaining a mail server for a very active group of users with large
mailboxes and am having trouble getting squatter to run.

I've added it as an event in Cyrus.conf but I am still getting the errors.
The entry has been in the config for 24 hours and I'm still seeing squat
errors. Here is the line I've added:
squatter       cmd="/use/sbin/squatter -r user" period=30

Squatter resides in the sbin directory.

What should I be checking to figure out why it isn't running? I didn't see
anything in the logs.

Does it matter that the cyrus user isn't "cyrus" ?

I'm new to cyrus and was handed this server already in use so pardon my
ignorance.

Thanks,
Josh