restore from cyrdump

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 16 17:58:24 EST 2014

On 12/16/2014 01:42 PM, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> I forgot about one additional thing we do - we dump the mailboxes.db to
> a flat file once an hour via cron.  That would allow us to (mostly)
> recover from a corrupted mailboxes.db file.  Just like a full restore,
> we would need to run a reconstruct on every mailbox, I think.

I thought the whole point of reconstruct was to rebuild mailboxes.db,
but then I took another look at the reconstruct man page and noticed:

   -m     NOTE: CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
          Rebuild the mailboxes file. Use whatever data in the
          existing  mailboxes file it can scavenge, then scans
          all partitions listed in the imapd.conf(5) file for
          additional mailboxes.

now it's no longer clear to me what reconstruct does.  I guess rebuild
the {configdir}/user/<prefix>/<username>/cyrus.* files?