restore from cyrdump

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 16 15:58:14 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014, at 06:42 AM, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> I forgot about one additional thing we do - we dump the mailboxes.db to a
> flat file once an hour via cron.  That would allow us to (mostly) recover
> from a corrupted mailboxes.db file.  Just like a full restore, we would
> need to run a reconstruct on every mailbox, I think.

Oh yeah, we do that too :)  Haven't needed it for years, but it is nice to know it's there.

Our cron job also emails us if the diff between the current and previous file sizes is more than 10% in either direction.  This was great back when we used to get skiplist corruption sometimes, because it would often warn us immediately.  These days, it only ever fires when we have set up a new server and are moving a lot of users over to it.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm