saslauthd question

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 11 14:02:47 EST 2014

On 12/11/2014 12:45 PM, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> I only have PAM files for "imap", "lmtp", and "sieve"
> although I have other service names for some of them.

I don't understand why you have PAM files for lmtp and sieve, but most
particularly lmtp.  lmtpd is just a local daemon that transfers stuff
from your smtp server to cyrus.  Are you running cyrus and smtpd on
different servers?  If so, what does the PAM lmtp configuration look like?

I don't know anything about sieve, but thought the filters where all
internal, too; hence not in need of authentication.