saslauthd question

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Dec 11 13:45:08 EST 2014

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Patrick Boutilier wrote:

> On 12/11/2014 02:34 PM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
>> Surely someone on this list will know the answer to this question.
>>
>> Given sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd, with authentication mechanism=pam
>>
>> I'm trying to track down how saslauthd knows that the cyrus PAM service
>> file is called imap; i.e. /etc/pam.d/imap.
>>
>> Is this just built in?  I can't find a configuration for it anywhere.
>>

>> ----
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://www.cyrusimap.org/
>> To Unsubscribe:
>>

> Harcoded in imapd.c
>
> if (sasl_server_new("imap", config_servername ....

I thought the PAM name was taken from the service name in /etc/cyrus.conf,
but my own configuration seems to indicate that it must be hardcoded for
each service.  I only have PAM files for "imap", "lmtp", and "sieve"
although I have other service names for some of them.

I guess it's just the imapd.conf config variables that are allowed to be
prefixed with the service name.

 	Andy