postfix-amavis-cyrus on multidomain ldap

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Mon Aug 4 05:42:19 EDT 2014

Hi,
I've been using postfix-amavis-cyrus for years, with normal passwd+aliases mode.
We recently switched to virtual domains using ldap.
Because we don't want to mantain a virtual mailbox map for postfix, we decided to have
a vmailbox file like:
@domain1 allow
@domain2 allow
and have cyrus detect wrong destinations, via ldap.
What happens here, is that any quarantined mail by amavis (having very high score, that should
not even be reconsidered once qurantined) get back to postfix in some way, devliered to cyrus,
which in many cases is a wrong invented mailbox, so back to postfix wich sends back en error.
This was not happening before: a quarantined mail by amavis would be just quarantined.
No answer back. No delivery in the spam folder.
So first, my question is: why the mail is being delivered to postfix even if it's quarantined and
have a very high score?
Last question is about configuring vmailbox to lookup ldap.
I've seen many examples, but they all look for a single domain, while I have multiple domains
both in cyrus,ldap and postfix.
Exemples like this:
server_host = localhost
search_base = ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
version = 3
scope = sub
query_filter = (mail=%s)
result_attribute = mail
are for just the example.com domain
How should I write the vmailbox ldap file to query different domains?
Thanks for any help
Gabriele.