IOERROR: Mailbox name too long

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Apr 16 04:33:35 EDT 2014

Hi Nina,

Quoting Nina Pollak <nina.pollak at ist.ac.at>:

> Hi,
> we have upgraded our servers from debian squeeze to wheezy.
> So the cyrus packages are now 2.4.16 (former 2.2)
>

> It seems there is a problem with the authentication in our murder setup.
>
> cyrus at backend:~$ mupdatetest -u cyrplain -m plain frontend-master.server
> S: A01 NO "undefined error!"
> Authentication failed. generic failure
> Security strength factor: 0

Between Cyrus 2.2 and 2.4 the default value for "allowplaintext" changed.
So you need an encrypted connection ssl/stattls, an SASL mechanisms
where the password is encrypted or change the value for allowplaintext
in your imapd.conf (which is not recommended)

mupdatetest does support the option -t '' like imtest to use starttls

Regards

    Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen