Problem subscribing shared folder in Thunderbird after 17 version

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 3 16:48:29 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014, at 02:00 AM, Roberto Bartali wrote:
> Hi
> I'm using a Cyrus murder 2.4.12 (3 backend, 1 mupdate, 2 frontend) on
> Debian Squeeze.
> I'm encountering some problems using Thunderbird with version after 17.
> With this versions, some shared mailboxes are listed as Unsubscribed but
> with other clients (Roundcube) or earlier version of TB they are
> regularly Subscribed. I try to subscribe them but without success.
> In the Moziila forums is explained that from 19 version, TB uses the
> LIST command instead LSUB.
> I tried some imap command by telnet and I saw that using LSUB, the
> mailbox are regulary shown as subscribed, but not using LIST (subscribed).
> I don't know if it can be caused by a configuration problem or if it is
> a bug in version 2.4.12.
> Can someone help me please?
> Many thanks

Here's the changelog since then.  It does look like there's a bug in 2.4.12.
I remember various issues with LIST around that time.

Cheers,

Bron.

----

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.16

    A bunch of cleanups and fixes to compiling
    A bunch of sieve cleanups
    Fixed bug #3691: unixhierarchysep is now obeyed when printing the mailbox name in unexpunge
    Fixed bug #3718: crashes fetching message parts
    Fixed bug #3719: pop3 seen update of final message in a mailbox
    Improved documentation of "proxyservers" option
    Fixed bug #3737: lost emails in XFER delivery race
    Fixed bug #3725: inefficient statuscache use in some cases
    Fixed bug #3484: use of sasl property types (compile fix)
    Fixed bug #3754: failure to support binary append. This was found by a popular library switching to using binary appends
    Fixed bug #3735: user prefix searching now works with fulldirhash
    Fixed bug #3696: can no longer rename the same mailbox twice, which left things in a corrupted state if you caught the race.
    Fixed bug #3715: using berkeley for mailboxes.db was very broken. It now works.
    Fixed bug #3733: reconstruct with missing cyrus.index will use file timestamps for internaldate rather than setting it to NOW if internaldate_heuristic is set to standard
    Fixed bug #3729: better documentation for xlist-* in 2.4.
    Fixed bug #2717: fetches of individual messages or short ranges no longer need to parse over the entire index.
    Fixed bug #3742: reconstruct can now fix multiple folders with the same uniqueid again (regression from 2.3) and also sync_client avoids a crash in that broken case.

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.15

    Bug #3651 - 64 bit dirhash breaks existing systems. NOTE this includes a fix to the re-written rehash tool released with 2.4.15

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.14

    Bug #3664, #3665 - Sieve filters don't work if mailbox contains dots
    Bug #3651 - 64 bit dirhash breaks existing systems. NOTE - this includes a complete rewrite of tools/rehash, making it much simpler and more reliable. Check the usage statement
    Bug #1228 - mailbox dumps need to dump quotaroots
    Bug #3613 - CATENATE command returns BADURL
    Bug #3627 - enabling improved_mboxlist_sort documentation mention subscription files
    Bug #3661 - Memory leaks in sync_server, nntpd, popd
    Bug #3621 - quota bug involving nested quota roots
    Bug #3667 - FLAGS.SILENT needs to return new MODSEQ if QRESYNC enabled

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.13

    Bug #2685 - folder delete and annotations
    Bug #3381 - tools/rehash script is not 64bit safe
    Bug #3405 - Cyrus IMAP tls support for ctl_mboxlist
    Bug #3485 - cyr_expire tries to delete parent directories that are not empty
    Bug #3582 - Extra LF+SP characters been inserted in the middle of the XML attachments
    Bug #3598 - lmtp auditlog for murder proxy mode
    Bug #3623 - OpenBSD (and other platforms without working mmap) multiple bugs
    Bug #3626 - Renaming a mailbox doesn't remove old folder
    Bug #3628 - folders with spaces and subfolders with same prefix as parent folder don't show up
    Bug #3634 - RENAME INBOX no longer works
    Bug #3635 - cmd_rename() fails to check error codes
    Bug #3636 - unexpunge locks mailbox until all output is emitted
    Bug #3637 - imapd and ipop3d in 2.4 no longer log expunge events to syslog
    Bug #3638 - sessionid logging improvements for murder environments
    Bug #3640 - LMTP accepts NULL bytes in headers, resulting in incorrect header/mail size in meta-data
    Bug #3642 - iPhone 5 expects SPECIAL-USE in LIST output
    Bug #3649 - unable to remove mailbox
    Bug #3650 - ENVELOPE contains unexpected CRLF
    Bug #3645 - Ability to delete folder "shared"

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.12

    Bug #3565 - fix gcc compiler warnings - thanks Dilyan Palauzov <dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org>
    Bug #2685 - rename annots in delayed folder delete. Avoids annotations "reappearing" when a folder is recreated
    Bug #3566 - actually fix in a backward compatible way. 2.4.12 broke older versions of bison
    Lots of small cleanups from CMU as they prepared to build RSS into their 2.4 build. Thanks Ken
    Bug #3591/#3609 - fix crash in mupdate on partition move
    Bug #3610 - fix replication of partition move
    Bug #3564 - document the way prefork interacts with multiple network protocols
    Bug #3586 - allow rename of "\Noselect" if subfolders exist
    A handful of small cleanups (#3593, #3594, #3595) from David Carter <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk>. Very much appreciated
    Disabled duplicate_check DEBUG level log messages by default. Thanks Philip Prindeville <philipp at redfish-solutions.com>
    Bug #3608 - log mailbox name in more sync failure cases
    Bug #3615 - fix proxyd_disable_mailbox_referrals. Thanks Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>
    Bug #3611 - fix crash in sync_mailbox_full if expunge fails
    Backported some nice fixes from master, including safer thread/sort (there were some crashes on bad messages before)
    Fixed infinite loop on suppress_capabilities with substrings of other capabilities. Ouch.
    Fixed LIST and LSUB again - this time to make LIST "" "*%" work without breaking other things
    Bug #3588 - make XFER not break if the wrong server name was used. The start of making murder safer
    Bug #3603 - tidied up usage of kick_mupdate so it never gets called on standard murder backends
    Bug #3604 - always suppress the DELETED.* mailbox names, even if delete_mode is immediate. It means a config change or different frontend won't show undeletable mailboxes
    Bug #3602 - allow UpperCase in service names to work

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm