Exchange to cyrus-imapd mail migration query

jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Fri Feb 22 06:06:27 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steinar Kaarø"
To:,
Sent:Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:38:55 +0100
Subject:Re: Exchange to cyrus-imapd mail migration query

 --On Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:33:33 PM -0800
 jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in wrote:

 > Hi Imap sync works  on a imap account of exchange , If I already
 > know the excahnge user's password.
 > But currently the problem is I am using an Exchange
administrator
 > account , with a "delegated" mailbox access. So I am not able to
scan
 > the users mailbox using IMAP..  The mailbox is visible in Outlook
(
 > using MAPI  probably ) but not on a imap client
 >
 > Is there a way I can access a delegated mailbox of exchange using
 > IMAP , or is there a way I can interface with a MAPI server
instead

 In imapsync you have to authenticate with the login-mechanism, and
use
 this format on the username:
 administratoraccount at domain/useraccount

 The login mechanism is not announced in the capabilities of the
exchange
 imap-server, but this is the only mechanism supporting authorization
as a
 different user.

 --
 Steinar Kaarø