Exchange to cyrus-imapd mail migration query

Steinar Kaarø steinar.kaaro at ntnu.no
Fri Feb 22 03:38:55 EST 2013

--On Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:33:33 PM -0800
jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in wrote:

> Hi Imap sync works  on a imap account of exchange , If I already
> know the excahnge user's password.
> But currently the problem is I am using an Exchange  administrator
> account , with a "delegated" mailbox access. So I am not able to scan
> the users mailbox using IMAP..  The mailbox is visible in Outlook (
> using MAPI  probably ) but not on a imap client
>
> Is there a way I can access a delegated mailbox of exchange using
> IMAP , or is there a way I can interface with a MAPI server instead

In imapsync you have to authenticate with the login-mechanism, and use
this format on the username:
administratoraccount at domain/useraccount

The login mechanism is not announced in the capabilities of the exchange
imap-server, but this is the only mechanism supporting authorization as a
different user.

--
Steinar Kaarø