Exchange to cyrus-imapd mail migration query

jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Fri Feb 22 02:33:33 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Matter"
To:"Dan White"
Cc:"jayesh shinde" ,
Sent:Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:03:16 +0100
Subject:Re: Exchange to cyrus-imapd mail migration query

 > On 02/21/13 15:59 +0530, jayesh shinde wrote:
 >>Hi all ,
 >>
 >>I am migrating the Exchange 2003 server to Cyrus-imapd + postfix
server
 >>Due to some reason , on Exchange server imap protocol is not open
and
 >>only mapi protocol is available.
 >>Along with this end users are not allowing the share the
passwords.

 >>In Exchange by giving the administrator access ( i.e ACL ) on
 >>particular mailbox , admin ID can see other account's emails. But
 >>its only opening on Mapi enable outlook.
 >
 > You might see if it's possible to enable IMAP on your exchange
server.
 > IMAP
 > runs on port 993 on our's (imaps).
 >
 >>Is there any tool ( like imapsync ) by which I can connect to
 >>Exchange server over Mapi protocol
 >>and sync the emails in cyrus-impad's imap ( 143 ) enable server ?
 >>
 >>I want to know , how peoples are handing such situation and
migrating
 >>the emails ?
 >
 > Try configuring an Outlook client simultaneously with both a MAPI
 > connection, and an IMAP connection, and then copy the messages
between the
 > two.
 >
 > Another approach would be to export your messages, using Outlook,
to a
 > .pst
 > file, and figure out a way to import those messages into cyrus, or
back
 > into outlook after IMAP has been configured.

 If IMAP is enabled on the exchange side, then imapsync should also
work.

Hi Imap sync works  on a imap account of exchange , If I already
know the excahnge user's password.
But currently the problem is I am using an Exchange  administrator
account , with a "delegated" mailbox access. So I am not able to scan
the users mailbox using IMAP..  The mailbox is visible in Outlook (
using MAPI  probably ) but not on a imap client

Is there a way I can access a delegated mailbox of exchange using
IMAP , or is there a way I can interface with a MAPI server instead

Importing PST files manually ot drag-drop of mails for a large number
of mailboxes is not feasible