Inaccessible emails

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Wed Mar 14 15:47:21 EDT 2012

On 03/13/2012 07:09 PM, Puthick Hok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using cyrus-imapd 2.3.7 with postfix and thunderbird as the client.
> My boss mailbox is about 17GB with around 56000 emails directly in the
> inbox.

This is almost certainly a Thunderbird issue. It keeps its own index
files, and sometimes they get corrupted. They tend to get corrupted more
often with folders that have lots of messages. If you can find a way to
archive the old messages into other folders, Thunderbird should start
behaving well again. You might need to right-click on the Inbox folder,
select Properties, and then press the "Rebuild Index" button. That will
take a long time for 56K+ messages.

Jules Agee
System Administrator
Pacific Coast Feather Co.