Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Feb 29 12:06:21 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 16:45 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 29.02.2012 15:53, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> > If these four dbs are all I have to look at, I assume I could stop
> > cyrus, replace deliver.db and try starting over?
> I am nearly there and it makes me happy!
> cyrus 2.4.12 runs with the slightly adapted config from the older
> server, it indexed all the mailboxes ... and I was already able to
> contact via thunderbird and a webmailer.
> So far only sieve doesn't work yet, although something listens on port
> 2000 there is no timsieved process ... hmm, gotta dig further.

"netstat --listen --tcp --numeric --program"

Somewhere along the line some distributions changed the SIEVE port.

> imaps[18096]: IOERROR: opening /var/imap/user_deny.db: No such file or
> directory
>
> Important?

No.

> Right now old/productive and new/test server drift apart.
> May I just rsync over the mailboxes changes when I want to switch?

Stop the new server
Rsync from the old server
Start the new server
Make sure everything is working on new server
Stop the new server.
Stop the old server.
Rsync again.
Start the new server.

You need to perform the last rsync from a cold server. But it should be
pretty quick as it will only grab the few changed items.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>