Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Feb 29 12:25:30 EST 2012

Am 29.02.2012 18:06, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:

> "netstat --listen --tcp --numeric --program"
>
> Somewhere along the line some distributions changed the SIEVE port.

Solved already, thanks.
missing pam.d entry.

>> imaps[18096]: IOERROR: opening /var/imap/user_deny.db: No such file
>> or directory
>>
>> Important?
>
> No.

Solved. Touched file as mentioned in old posting here.

>> Right now old/productive and new/test server drift apart. May I
>> just rsync over the mailboxes changes when I want to switch?
>
> Stop the new server Rsync from the old server Start the new server
> Make sure everything is working on new server Stop the new server.
> Stop the old server. Rsync again. Start the new server.
>
> You need to perform the last rsync from a cold server. But it should
> be pretty quick as it will only grab the few changed items.

Wouldn't that mean that I overwrite stuff with older files?

rsync -av  .... without "--delete", correct?

And I would have to convert the deliver.db once more, correct?

I will retest that later as I saw a minor issue with some index-file.
Overall it looks very promising right now.

Thanks to all of you for your support (so far) ;-)

Stefan