Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Feb 29 10:45:14 EST 2012

Am 29.02.2012 15:53, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> If these four dbs are all I have to look at, I assume I could stop
> cyrus, replace deliver.db and try starting over?

I am nearly there and it makes me happy!

cyrus 2.4.12 runs with the slightly adapted config from the older
server, it indexed all the mailboxes ... and I was already able to
contact via thunderbird and a webmailer.

That is great!

So far only sieve doesn't work yet, although something listens on port
2000 there is no timsieved process ... hmm, gotta dig further.

And:

imaps[18096]: IOERROR: opening /var/imap/user_deny.db: No such file or
directory

Important?

-

Right now old/productive and new/test server drift apart.

May I just rsync over the mailboxes changes when I want to switch?

Or should I start over with clean and fresh directories on the new server?

Thanks a lot!

Migrating this server was something stressing me a lot when thinking
about it. Now I see it will be done soon!

Thanks!

Stefan