Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Feb 29 09:53:23 EST 2012

Am 29.02.2012 15:35, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 29.02.2012 15:32, schrieb Eric Luyten:
>
>> Use the absolute pathnames of the DB files.
>
> Same result:
>
> # su cyrus -c /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb /tmp/cytest/deliver.db
> berkeley /tmp/cytest/delnew.db skiplist
> Usage: /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb [-C altconfig] <old db> <old db
> backend> <new db> <new db backend>
> Usable Backends:  berkeley, berkeley-nosync, flat, skiplist, quotalegacy

It works now.

Instead of "su cyrus -c " I su-ed to cyrus ... in there it worked for
deliver.db now.

# file delnew.db
delnew.db: Apple QuickTime movie (modified)

So the other 3 dbs seem to be already skiplist, right?

# file /var/lib/imap/*.db
/var/lib/imap/annotations.db:  Apple QuickTime movie (modified)
/var/lib/imap/deliver.db:      Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native
byte-order)
/var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db:    Apple QuickTime movie (modified)
/var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db: Apple QuickTime movie (modified)

If these four dbs are all I have to look at, I assume I could stop
cyrus, replace deliver.db and try starting over?

Thanks so far, sorry for my detailled approach, I just want to do it
right ...

Stefan