How to get rid of reserved mailboxes?

Frank Richter frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Dec 21 10:12:56 EST 2012

Am 21.12.2012 15:47, schrieb Wolfgang Breyha:
> Hi!
>
> Frank Richter wrote, on 21.12.2012 12:00:
>> In this process we've got one "reserved mailbox" in a backend's mailboxes.db:
>> user.xyz.bla   2 j xyz        lrswipkxtecda
> I would try to stop cyrus on the backend, then look what
> ctl_mboxlist -mw

I've got this output (changed user and folder name):

Remove from MUPDATE: user.xyz.bla
mupdate said: user.xyz.blub mailback4.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de!j xyz
lrswipkxtecda
mailboxes.db said: user.xyz.bla mailback4.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de!j xyz
lrswipkxtecda
mupdate says: user.xyz.bla mailback4.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de!j xyz lrswipkxtecda
fatal error: mupdate said not us before it said us

> says. If that looks sane and only talks about the mentioned mailbox then try
> ctl_mboxlist -m

No changes, same output then with ctl_mboxlist -mw

> to fix it. If another "-mw" is silent then restart cyrus.
>
> Do not try ctl_mboxlist while cyrus is running!
>
> Usually "ctl_mboxlist -m" is executed in cyrus.conf on startup on a backend.
> Do you have this entry?
>
> START {
>    mupdatepush	cmd="ctl_mboxlist -m"
> }