Fwd: Too many entries of mystore: reusing txn....

Anant Athavale athavale.anant at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 00:19:31 EST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anant Athavale <athavale.anant at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: Too many entries of mystore: reusing txn....
To: Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2012, Anant Athavale wrote:
>
>  Dear Experts,
>>
>> I had been sending mails to this list in the last two days with email
>> anant at isac.gov.in - with subject - Urgent Help Required.  Based on your
>> advise, I have rebuilt all the mailboxes.  I am monitoring the maillog
>> entries of cyrus imap after I started the cyrus-imapd.  Everything seems
>> be fine.
>>
>> Most of the log entries, I checked in this list and found them harmless
>> and
>> hence ignoring them like: setrlimit and IP_TOS etc.
>>
>> But, for this one, I did not get any proper comments in this list.
>>
>> In the maillog, I have too many lines with the same message, which is as
>> below.
>>
>> cvt_cyrusdb: mystore: reusing txn .....with some value of number.
>>
>> This same line repeats, at least 190+ times (including that last number).
>> Is this a cause of worry? I have not yet released the system to users.  I
>> will be doing it only tomorrow, based on the response for this.  Do I need
>> to check something?
>>
>> I have rebuilt mailboxes and reconstructed mailboxes in RHEL 6.3 supplied
>> Cyrus-IMAP 2.3.16.
>>
>> Please advise.
>>

> Unless you really want to see all the gory details of Cyrus, turn your
> syslog level down from DEBUG to INFO.  The message you are seeing is a
> DEBUG level log message.

>         Andy

As you say, the imap DEBUG logs are coming to maillog.  RHEL 6.3 ships with
Rsyslogd and also it looks like cyrus-imapd is compiled to use MAIL_LOG
facility.  (I tried local6.info /var/log/imapd.log. but it did log anything
in imapd.log ).

I am attaching rsyslog.conf (Not modified).  What I ultimately want is
'maillog should not contain imap logs.  And imapd.log should contain all
logs related to cyrus/imapd with only info level logs.  '

As I could not achieve it in short span of time, I have released the
system, but, would like to do that in near future.  Any pointers to achieve?

Thank you all for your support.

Anant.