Too many entries of mystore: reusing txn....

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sun Dec 9 01:05:26 EST 2012

On Sun, 9 Dec 2012, Anant Athavale wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 Dec 2012, Anant Athavale wrote:
>>
>>  Dear Experts,
>>>
>>> I had been sending mails to this list in the last two days with email
>>> anant at isac.gov.in - with subject - Urgent Help Required.  Based on your
>>> advise, I have rebuilt all the mailboxes.  I am monitoring the maillog
>>> entries of cyrus imap after I started the cyrus-imapd.  Everything seems
>>> be fine.
>>>
>>> Most of the log entries, I checked in this list and found them harmless
>>> and
>>> hence ignoring them like: setrlimit and IP_TOS etc.
>>>
>>> But, for this one, I did not get any proper comments in this list.
>>>
>>> In the maillog, I have too many lines with the same message, which is as
>>> below.
>>>
>>> cvt_cyrusdb: mystore: reusing txn .....with some value of number.
>>>
>>> This same line repeats, at least 190+ times (including that last number).
>>> Is this a cause of worry? I have not yet released the system to users.  I
>>> will be doing it only tomorrow, based on the response for this.  Do I need
>>> to check something?
>>>
>>> I have rebuilt mailboxes and reconstructed mailboxes in RHEL 6.3 supplied
>>> Cyrus-IMAP 2.3.16.
>>>
>>> Please advise.
>>>

>> Unless you really want to see all the gory details of Cyrus, turn your
>> syslog level down from DEBUG to INFO.  The message you are seeing is a
>> DEBUG level log message.
>>
>>         Andy
>>

> I forgot to attach my rsyslog.conf in my previous reply.  Attached.

Check this line:

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.*                                                -/var/log/maillog

to:

# Log all the mail messages in one place.
mail.info                                             -/var/log/imapd.log

Unfortunately, you'll probably end up with your MTA (sendmail, postfix,
whatever RHEL uses) in the same file.  If they compiled Cyrus to use the
MAIL facility instead of LOCAL6 as default, then there isn't much you can
do about it.

 	Andy