Need your urgent advice

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 8 04:18:29 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 09:11 AM, anant at isac.gov.in wrote:
> Thanks for your inputs.  As per the thread link you mentioned, it
> looks like corruption in mailboxes.db.  I plan to start the process
> given in next 4 hours time with a downtime
> (README.HOWTO-recover-mailboxes.db).  This is going to take a huge
> amount of time.  I have done it before some few years back, when I had
> to move mailboxes to another storage.  But, this time, I did not do,
> since, I thought 2.3.7 and 2.3.16 are same level versions and hence
> may not be required.
>
> If I can get any other alternative option from you within next 4
> hours, then I can think of that solution.  Otherwise, I am going ahead
> with downtime and run the procedure documented in
> README.HOWTO-recover-mailboxes.db.  Any other advise from experts is
> welcome.

The problem is that the mailboxes.db contents format is unchanged, but
if you have mailboxes.db itself as a Berkeley DB file, and your Cyrus is
compiled against a different version of Berkeley, then that could cause
problems.

I think following the HOWTO as you plan is the best solution in your
circumstance.

Regards,

Bron.
--