Cyrus imap server and filesystem type.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 3 16:30:16 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 01:26:57PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> I don't have any filesystems that are _only_ used for Cyrus, as such
> there is a good chance of filesystem images existing somewhere on
> the filesystem.

I don't have Cyrus on any filesystems that are used for something
else as well!  Not entirely true actually, we do store bayes databases
on the same filesystem on some machines.

> I realize it's not a deal killer for everyone, but for me it's
> enough to keep me elsewhere (Hans Reisers benchmark cheating early
> on made me very skeptical of it and I moved to XFS instead)

Yeah, XFS has had its fair share of interesting failure modes along
the way too - but it's not too bad with Cyrus, because Cyrus is very
careful about fsyncs.

Bron.