Cyrus imap server and filesystem type.

David Lang david.lang at digitalinsight.com
Mon Oct 3 16:26:57 EDT 2011

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 01:13:44PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
>> reiserfs3 should work well as well (I don't use it as I dislike the
>> failure modeof it's filesystem check with filesystem images)
>
> If someone is emailing you reiserfs images which wind up aligning at
> block sizes after Cyrus adds its headers at the top, you have bigger
> problems!
>
> It's an annoying failure mode, but pretty understandable - just don't
> store reiserfs filesystems as files on it, and you're fine.

I don't have any filesystems that are _only_ used for Cyrus, as such there is a
good chance of filesystem images existing somewhere on the filesystem.

I realize it's not a deal killer for everyone, but for me it's enough to keep me
elsewhere (Hans Reisers benchmark cheating early on made me very skeptical of it
and I moved to XFS instead)

David Lang