IOERROR: zero index/expunge record

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Aug 3 14:47:07 EDT 2011

Am 03.08.2011 13:11, schrieb Simon Matter:
> So, you are still using Berkeley DB but the versions are different.

Different versions of BDB? What version does it should be? deliver.db and
tls_sessions.db were deleted during the migration and automatically be created
on SL6 on Cyrus startup. Shouldn't be the two databases be in the correct
format then?

 > How did you upgrade those files?

This are the steps I've done, when migrating from Centos 5 to SL6:

- Backup mailboxes list database using "ctl_mboxlist -d >mailboxes.txt"
- Copy /var/lib/imap and /var/spool/imap/user/ to the new system.
- Removed deliver.db and tls_sessions.db.
- Recovered mailboxes list db using "ctl_mboxlist -u <mailboxes.txt"

 > I suggest to switch to skiplist for all
> databases. And make sure you clean up /var/lib/imap/db. BTW, deliver.db
> and tls_sessions.db are not so important, you could configure skiplist and
> just remove those dbs and also the content of /var/lib/imap/db.

Is skiplist the preferred format? I currently use the defaults cyrus
reccommends. I don't have any format parameters in my imapd.conf.

How do I switch the two BDB databases to skiplist? I think "tlscache_db" is
the parameter for tls_sessions. But which one is responsible for deliver.db?

This is my imapd.conf:

admins: cyrus root
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowusermoves: yes
allowplaintext: yes
autocreatequota: 200000
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
createonpost: no
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: no
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
poptimeout: 10
quotawarn: 85
reject8bit: no
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
serverinfo: min
sieve_maxscriptsize: 64
sieve_maxscripts: 50
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sieveusehomedir: false
timeout: 30
tls_cert_file: /etc/cyrus-imap-ssl-cert/server.crt
tls_key_file: /etc/cyrus-imap-ssl-cert/server.key

The IOERROS could (temporarily) repaired by removing cyrus.cache and
cyrus.index (sometimes cyrus.header also) and doing a reconstruct. Also I have
this *.NEW files in the mailbox folder when it's bringing this errors.
Couldn't be a problem with this files or processes that access this files,
too? Or could it result from the other (BDB) databases?

Regards,
Marc