IOERROR: zero index/expunge record

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Aug 3 14:59:01 EDT 2011

> Am 03.08.2011 13:11, schrieb Simon Matter:
>> So, you are still using Berkeley DB but the versions are different.
>
> Different versions of BDB? What version does it should be? deliver.db and
> tls_sessions.db were deleted during the migration and automatically be
> created
> on SL6 on Cyrus startup. Shouldn't be the two databases be in the correct
> format then?

They should, but be aware that maybe you broght some crap in
/var/lib/imap/db so it was still not clean.

>  > How did you upgrade those files?
>
> This are the steps I've done, when migrating from Centos 5 to SL6:
>
> - Backup mailboxes list database using "ctl_mboxlist -d >mailboxes.txt"
> - Copy /var/lib/imap and /var/spool/imap/user/ to the new system.
> - Removed deliver.db and tls_sessions.db.
> - Recovered mailboxes list db using "ctl_mboxlist -u <mailboxes.txt"
>

>  > I suggest to switch to skiplist for all
>> databases. And make sure you clean up /var/lib/imap/db. BTW, deliver.db
>> and tls_sessions.db are not so important, you could configure skiplist
>> and
>> just remove those dbs and also the content of /var/lib/imap/db.
>
> Is skiplist the preferred format? I currently use the defaults cyrus

Skiplist is the default with 2.4. With 2.3 I'm still consider skiplist
recommended. I'm running all my system skiplist only for a long time.

> reccommends. I don't have any format parameters in my imapd.conf.
>
> How do I switch the two BDB databases to skiplist? I think "tlscache_db"
> is
> the parameter for tls_sessions. But which one is responsible for
> deliver.db?

That's "duplicate_db",

> This is my imapd.conf:
>
> admins: cyrus root
> allowanonymouslogin: no
> allowusermoves: yes
> allowplaintext: yes
> autocreatequota: 200000
> configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
> createonpost: no
> dracinterval: 0
> drachost: localhost
> lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: no
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> poptimeout: 10
> quotawarn: 85
> reject8bit: no
> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> serverinfo: min
> sieve_maxscriptsize: 64
> sieve_maxscripts: 50
> sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
> sieveusehomedir: false
> timeout: 30
> tls_cert_file: /etc/cyrus-imap-ssl-cert/server.crt
> tls_key_file: /etc/cyrus-imap-ssl-cert/server.key
>

> The IOERROS could (temporarily) repaired by removing cyrus.cache and
> cyrus.index (sometimes cyrus.header also) and doing a reconstruct. Also I
> have
> this *.NEW files in the mailbox folder when it's bringing this errors.
> Couldn't be a problem with this files or processes that access this files,
> too? Or could it result from the other (BDB) databases?

I don't know, did you also check the ownership and permissions of all
directories?

Simon