IOERROR: zero index/expunge record

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Aug 3 07:11:23 EDT 2011

> Am 03.08.2011 09:47, schrieb Simon Matter:
>> Well, I don't know what configuration EL6 ships with. At least the
>> db_recover command above will only work on BDB but not on skiplist
>> databases. What does "file /var/lib/imap/*.db" show?
>
> The configuration is the same that we used on Centos 5 before for years.
>

> # file /var/lib/imap/*.db
> /var/lib/imap/annotations.db:  Cyrus skiplist DB
> /var/lib/imap/deliver.db:      Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native
> byte-order)
> /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db:    Cyrus skiplist DB
> /var/lib/imap/tls_sessions.db: Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native
> byte-order)

So, you are still using Berkeley DB but the versions are different. How
did you upgrade those files? I suggest to switch to skiplist for all
databases. And make sure you clean up /var/lib/imap/db. BTW, deliver.db
and tls_sessions.db are not so important, you could configure skiplist and
just remove those dbs and also the content of /var/lib/imap/db.

Simon