Using SQL database to store mailboxes. deliverdb and etc ...

Lucas Zinato Carraro lucaszc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 21:00:39 EDT 2010

I find in source of installer:   doc\man\imapd.conf.5.html

Some parameters :

sql_database: <none>

Name of the database which contains the cyrusdb table(s).

sql_engine: <none>

Name of the SQL engine to use.

Allowed values: mysql, pgsql, sqlite

sql_hostnames: <empty string>

Comma separated list of SQL servers (in host[:port] format).

sql_passwd: <none>

Password to use for authentication to the SQL server.

sql_user: <none>

Username to use for authentication to the SQL server.

- Its possible to convert a exist installation to use SQL ?
( How ? How can i create the necessary tables and import from a
skiplist database ? )

- Its is compatible with Aggregation ( Murder ) ?

- I can share the same database with frontends, backends and mupdate ?

( if not :
   I can share the same database with frontends , another with backends and
   another with mupdate ?  )

Regards
Zinato