Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.0 Released

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Oct 13 04:28:16 EDT 2010

Simon Matter wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 02:23:18PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> >> I'm happy to see this.
> >>
> >> Is there anyone packaging this up for the common linux distros?
> >>
> >> David Lang
> >
> > We're planning to reach out to the distributions and convince them
> > to package it - as well as integrating any patches they're applying
> > that are still worthwhile.  We want everyone to be running the same
> > codebase as much as possible.
>
> Of course I'll update our RHEL/CentOS RPMs but it may take a bit more time
> than the usual hours or days because of the many changes in the new
> release. Some of the stuff which has been done in the RPM automagically -
> like converting databases on startup - has now been integrated in the main
> code and I have to look at things in detail.

Hey Simon,

you've always done a great job on the RPMs, thank you!

> While we are at it, I have your 0012-Clean-Shutdown.patch in the RPM, from
> what I see in the changelogs this has not been integrated with 2.4, right?

Is this patch listed in bugzilla somewhere? I seem unable to digg it up.

If it's not yet in Bugzilla, would you please add it? This ensures that at
least someone like me (volunteers please step up! :P) looks at it.

> The other thing I'm wondering now is how to go on with the autocreate
> feature. I'm not sure I'll be able to recreate the patches for 2.4 and I
> don't know if the nice people from University of Athens will be going to
> do it. Hm, I won't be happy to release a new RPM with this feature
> missing.

We are in contact with the dear people at UOA.gr to discuss how to proceed.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG