Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.0 Released

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Wed Oct 13 00:55:39 EDT 2010

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 02:23:18PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
>> I'm happy to see this.
>>
>> Is there anyone packaging this up for the common linux distros?
>>
>> David Lang
>
> We're planning to reach out to the distributions and convince them
> to package it - as well as integrating any patches they're applying
> that are still worthwhile.  We want everyone to be running the same
> codebase as much as possible.

Of course I'll update our RHEL/CentOS RPMs but it may take a bit more time
than the usual hours or days because of the many changes in the new
release. Some of the stuff which has been done in the RPM automagically -
like converting databases on startup - has now been integrated in the main
code and I have to look at things in detail.

While we are at it, I have your 0012-Clean-Shutdown.patch in the RPM, from
what I see in the changelogs this has not been integrated with 2.4, right?
If yes, do you still use the patch in your own version, could you make
this patch for 2.4 available somehow?

The other thing I'm wondering now is how to go on with the autocreate
feature. I'm not sure I'll be able to recreate the patches for 2.4 and I
don't know if the nice people from University of Athens will be going to
do it. Hm, I won't be happy to release a new RPM with this feature
missing.

Regards,
Simon