messages in mailbox aren't visible

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 12 16:50:40 EDT 2010

On 10/12/2010 03:37 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> The mailboxes database should be dumped before the option is changed,
> removed, and then undumped after changing the option.
>
> Which kinda sucks really.  But the M I'm pasting from there is the
> imapd.conf docs.

Where be these elusive imapd.conf docs?  I just read through the
imapd.conf man page and couldn't find anything about this.

I have:
pgoetz at www:~$ ls /usr/sbin/ctl*
/usr/sbin/ctl_cyrusdb  /usr/sbin/ctl_deliver  /usr/sbin/ctl_mboxlist

It doesn't look like any of these dump a database except perhaps

    ctl_cyrusdb -c

And it's not at all clear what settings would be changed if the database
is dumped ... to a plain text file?  CSV?  No mention of this on the
ctl_cyrsudb man page (or where the database is archived, for that matter).