messages in mailbox aren't visible

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 12 16:37:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 03:26:16PM -0500, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> On 10/12/2010 03:15 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> >
> > RTFM says: "dump the mailbox, change the setting, undump the mailbox, restart"
>
> Is there some place (e.g. an "M") where this process is documented in
> such a fashion that I can just cut & paste commands, or is this another
> thing I'll have to muddle through using trial and error and then
> document myself on the wiki?  <:)

No, it just says:

The mailboxes database should be dumped before the option is changed,
removed, and then undumped after changing the option.

Which kinda sucks really.  But the M I'm pasting from there is the
imapd.conf docs.

> In particular, though, if the \Noselect IMAP flag somehow got set on
> this mailbox, does this actually show up in the settings in such a way
> that I can change it?  Is there anything else it could possibly be?

I'm not sure with this one - I've never got into this state.  I
suspect the \Noselect is due to the broken mboxlist sort though.

Bron.