service imap pid nnn in BUSY state: terminated abnormally

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Sat Oct 9 08:23:15 EDT 2010

Great.  One final question on this topic.

I currently have a warm-backup server (2.2.12) that I rsync to each night. As mailboxes are moved to the new 2.3.16 server the rsynced index files would be the wrong version.

I can either rsync just the mail messages to the warm backup, and then reconstruct the index files. Or, I can take a slight detour, and upgrade the warm backup server to 2.3.16.

>From what you say, I should be able to continue to rsync from the current 2.2.12 server to an upgraded backup server.  If the backup should be needed, Cyrus will upgrade the index files.  Is that right?

I'm not sure which approach I'll take. The goal is to eventually have a replication server. But that can't be the current backup server since it has insufficient disk space going forward.

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka
Sr. Systems Programmer