service imap pid nnn in BUSY state: terminated abnormally

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 9 01:34:09 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 12:04:23AM -0400, Michael D. Sofka wrote:
> Bron,  Thanks for the answer.  A one way xfer in fine.  I'm just testing the new server, and the migration process.
>
> Is the old format updated on xfer? The account I moved is working fine.

Cyrus will automatically update the index format when you first open
a mailbox using a newer version of any Cyrus program (imapd, pop3d,
lmtpd, whatever).  This applies both when upgrading a mailbox "in place"
or when the files have been copied to a new server via XFER.  The
in-place upgrade should be able to handle index files from all earlier
versions of Cyrus, not just the most recent - so you can upgrade all the
way from 2.2.12 to 2.3.16, even though it's about 3 revisions of index
later!

The mailbox will be fine on the new server - you just can't transfer
it back.

Bron.