Does anyone allow unlimited or extremely large quotas?

Shuvam Misra shuvam.misra at merceworld.com
Tue Nov 16 22:22:40 EST 2010

> On 16 Nov 2010, at 10:32, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> > I wish we'd somehow financed a native Cyrus webmail interface, that is
> > not using IMAP but built into Cyrus.  I don't think users know how good
> > Cyrus is because they look at it through a weak intermediary.
>
> I don't think a Cyrus-specific web interface is the answer to that
> question.  IMP performance is not great, but it's the http paradigm that
> slows it.  Check out roundcube, utilizing AJAX it's way more responsive
> to the user.

Is this a general observation? We used to offer SquirrelMail with our
product, and we recently moved to RoundCube because we thought the
heavier use of Ajax would make the user experience more responsive. One
by one, all our more demanding clients have begun to ask for SqMail back.
They say (i) SqMail used to work on the browser of mobile phones but RC
doesn't, and (ii) RC is too slow, SqMail was just fine. This second point
has caught us by surprise and we are in the process of setting up SqMail
again for these customers. Personally we find the SqMail interface quite
dated.

We were toying with the idea of actually buying and supplying the Tuxedo
mail client to some of these customers to see if they'd find it better.

Haven't tried IMP.

Shuvam