Cyrus Imap + Thunderbird 3

Dominique Couot dcouot at terra.es
Fri Nov 5 12:28:16 EDT 2010

Clement,

I can ping both public address and the domain name.
Name resolution seems to be working

Dominique

When trying to connect though a Thunderbird 3, no luck.

>  I know the mail server works... it works with the webmail part - at the
>  office and outside of the office. It also works with TB3 when using the
>  internal IP address of the server on the LAN. But no way to get it
>  working with a domain name.
>
>  So I figure the problem was with the connection to the server and the
>  resolution of the server name etc... (/etc/hosts, hostmane, or whatever
>  over config file and anything in between the server and the domain provider)
>
>  Can somehow help me to solve that part ?

Does it work with the public IP address ? If it does, it is a name
resolution problem, otherwise it is most probably a routing or filtering
(as in firewall) issue.

Try to check if the name is resolved correctly when you ping the
hostname, as a first check.