Cyrus Imap + Thunderbird 3

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Nov 5 09:34:08 EDT 2010

On 05/11/10 12:21 +0100, Dominique Couot wrote:
>I know the mail server works... it works with the webmail part - at the
>office and outside of the office. It also works with TB3 when using the
>internal IP address of the server on the LAN. But no way to get it
>working with a domain name.
>
>So I figure the problem was with the connection to the server and the
>resolution of the server name etc... (/etc/hosts, hostmane, or whatever
>over config file and anything in between the server and the domain provider)

What version of Cyrus are you using? What does your /etc/cyrus.conf look
like... in particular your IMAP entries?

Have you configured virtual domain in your /etc/imapd.conf (config items
virtualdomains and loginrealms)?

Try doing a netstat on the server to see which sockets you're listening on:

netstat -an | grep LISTEN | grep '143\|993'

On the client, can you telnet to the domain name of the server on port 143?

--
Dan White