bootstrapping replication

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon May 10 17:55:03 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 08:46:50PM +0200, Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> thanks for the advice
>
> gfor the bail out i hadn't the same number of partition in the master
> and in the replica.
>
> then i have another question
> i have 13 partitions on the master server.
> can i have only one on the replica or should i have the same number of
> partition?

Replication will create folders on the same partition at both ends.
You can then rename one and it will still work, but that's only due
to deficiencies in the sync protocol.  I'm planning that in future,
you will need the same partitions at both ends.

Note: they don't have to be on different disks - you could just stick
the partitions in different directories on the same disk!  Wow, 13
partitions is a lot...

Bron.