bootstrapping replication

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon May 10 19:04:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 05:43:57PM -0400, Wesley Craig wrote:
> On 10 May 2010, at 14:46, Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> > i have 13 partitions on the master server.
> > can i have only one on the replica or should i have the same number
> > of partition?
>
> cyrus doesn't actually know about "partitions" per se.  Think of them
> as "paths" instead.  The number & names of the partitions between the
> backend and replica need to match.

Heh - yeah, actually things will probably get sad if you don't have all
the partitions at the other end - crashes and stuff.

The future branch has support for rename across partitions.  I probably
should actually run a test machine with a stack of partitions and move
folders between them and stuff as well.  Testing good.

Bron.