Building an interface to undelete for users

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 29 09:19:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:28:50AM +0100, David Mayo wrote:

> We have recently upgraded to Cyrus 2.3 and are making full use of the
> "delayed delete" feature, and we are considering writing an interface to
> allow users to undelete their own messages and mailboxes.
>
> Before I start work on this myself, I thought I'd check with people here
> to see if anyone has any tips or code they are willing to share. I hope
> we will be able to publish the product we create.

Are you planning to use the unexpunge tool behind the scenes for this,
or something more hooked into the innards?

(I ask because the innards are going through a big overhaul at the moment,
but I hope to keep the unexpunge tool working nicely!)

Also - do people care about losing their \Seen state?  Because maintaining
that over unexpunge is possibly viable, but might cost a bit more IO.

Bron.