Nginx configuration for imap

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Thu Mar 18 06:49:37 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 22:45 -0700, Robert Banz wrote:

> memcached would certainly be fast, but what sort of authentication
> rate are you talking about here. My bet is that you've got other bits
> of system, such as the authentication validation with the target IMAP
> server, that will be more of a dominant term when it comes to the
> performance of your system.
>

> I deployed an nginix proxy to assist in my migration to Cyrus (once
> all my users were on Cyrus, murder took over) -- just had it do
> lookups against our LDAP directory to determine which IMAP provider to
> redirect to, it worked perfectly fine.
>

> -rob

I dont think I am going to be able to connect to LDAP for every
connection. I have atleast 3000 pop and 1000 concurrent imap connections
on the server.

One more issue with nginx 0.8.34  is that when auth-fails on the real
server the nginx returns "BAD: internal server error"
The email clients are not able to interpret this error.

Can I configure nginx to pass on the actual message from my cyrus server
"NO LOGIN failed"

Thanks
ram