intermittent problems with kick_mupdate

Gavin Gray gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 07:35:10 EDT 2010

Hi there,

We are busy migrating lots of users to new backends in our cyrus
murder using xfer.

The existing backends (and the rest of the murder) are cyrus 2.2 where
as the new backend machines are cyrus 2.3.15.

Mostly everything works just fine. However every now and them our new
backends fail to connect to our mupdate server at the start of an
xfer. We see the new backend log into the mupdate server, but then a
subsequent call to kick_mupdate fails and consequently so does the
xfer:-

The error on the originating backend for the failed xfer is:
The remote Server(s) denied the operation

The error on the new backend receiving the error is:
kick_mupdate: can't connect to target: No such file or directory

the underlying OS of the new backend is openSolaris

any thoughts?

--
Gavin Gray
Edinburgh University Information Services
email gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.