Experiment to test TCP keepalive for pop3d proxies

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Fri Jun 4 16:43:01 EDT 2010

On 04 Jun 2010, at 12:23, Gary Mills wrote:
> I wonder if an upgrade will solve this problem?

Perhaps.  The test accompanying that change suggests it might:

	Prevented SSL_accept() from blocking indefinitely when using TLS/SSL

Of course, without a better backtrace, we don't know if you were in
SSL_accept().  Do you have syslog from that process, suggesting that
it had just accepted the connection and perhaps hadn't authN'd the
user, yet?  I'd take that as confirmation that the problem was in the
SSL_accept() code.

:wes

ps I still think prot needs a re-write, whether the above is the
problem you're seeing.