Cyradm doesn't show any mailboxes

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-z.niedersachsen.de
Tue Jan 26 08:20:13 EST 2010

Kővári,

Kővári János schrieb:

> Ok, I found the following, if that helps to find the problem:
> If I use cyradm and log in with any user, the "lm" command lists the
> user's own mailbox only.
That is to be expected.

> When logging in with the cyrus user, it doesn't list anything, since
> cyrus has no mailbox.
The admin user must not have a mailbox itself, so this is right to.
But the admin user's "lm" should show all the mailboxes existing.

> With the cyrus user, I can list all user mailboxes, but not shared
> folders, with the command: "lm user/*"
Shared mailboxes normally are not suited under the user tree (you are
using the "/" separator, are you using unixhierarchysep?), so it is to
be expected that there are no shared mailboxes visible with "lm user.*"

Can you dump mailboxes.db to a file and look for the mailboxes you are
searching for?

su - cyrus -c "ctl_mboxlist -d" > $CONFIGDIRECTORY/mailboxlist.txt
-> http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/Backup

Did you post your config files here before?

Marc