Cyradm doesn't show any mailboxes

Kővári János bsh at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 26 06:29:09 EST 2010

> Dan White írta:

>> Is imapd crashing when you run lm? Do you see anything that stands out in
>> your syslog?
>>

> No, doesn't crash, no errors at all. Users are able to use the service.
> The log doesn't show any errors, but it shows that I have logged in with
> the cyrus user etc. Everything seems to be okay.
> I can create mailboxes, put mail into them etc, as normal. These changes
> are visible on the filesystem too. So it works, but 'cyradm lm' doens't
> show anything at all.
Ok, I found the following, if that helps to find the problem:
If I use cyradm and log in with any user, the "lm" command lists the
user's own mailbox only.
When logging in with the cyrus user, it doesn't list anything, since
cyrus has no mailbox.
With the cyrus user, I can list all user mailboxes, but not shared
folders, with the command: "lm user/*"
I am not sure why is this now, because it was working well a couple
months sago. (In webmin, too.)
I have another imap server somewhere else, which was set up after this
problematic one, and is basically using a copy of this server's
imapd.conf, and the file structure is also the same. On this server,
when using cradm with cyrus, a plain "lm" command lists all the
mailboxes and shared folders, and webmin also works.